Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blog Post #13

World Wide Web
ALEX

ALEX

stands for Alabama Learning Exchange. I have actually never heard of ALEX before now so I found this really interesting. The ALEX website is designed for future teachers and current teachers or anyone else in education. It is a great website because it has lesson plans posted for all subjects and for all teachers to see. I have seen others like this, but this is now my new favorite. The lesson plans are all led by the guidelines of ALCOS (Alabama Course of Study) as well which is important because as a teacher you already know that the lesson already meets the states standards. This also is a reason for being my new favorite. There are links on this website that go to podcasts, a personal workspace, and professional learning websites. Teachers are also able to design their own lesson plans with ALEX and other teachers can view them as well which is awesome to me because I have so many ideas of my own. I can see this being a very helpful site when I start to teach. I will enjoy seeing what other teachers are doing and the lessons they are teaching. I am interested to see the creativity as well. It will also be extremely helpful because all of the lessons presented follow the Alabama Course of Study which is necessary. I will no longer have to search through websites and find lesson that do no meet my schools or state requirements. I'm sure that this website will be a frequently visited website in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment