Thursday, September 16, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

Google Squaredis probably my new favorite search engine. Your able to see information organized in tables. I thought the information was simple to follow because of the collumns and rows. Google Squared is a good tool to search something such as populations just like Dr. Strange did in the video. It is useful if you need to see several pieces of information about one or more particular subjects. I searched the simple term, bread. There were tons of different types of bread that appeared and listed them down the left hand collumn. Any type of bread that I wanted to know about could be easily found.

WolframAlpha defiantely is not my favorite. I prefer google squared a lot more than I do this one. I feel this search engine would be useful if you only wanted to know some basic information about certain things.I have to say that between the two I thought google squared could better benefit my learning experience, but I am sure that WolframAlpha has its perks as well.

I have just now learned of google squared and WolframAlpha for the first time and believe that if I had not taken this courseI still would not have heard of them. I am glad to have discovered them because I think they can be beneficial in my future as a teacher.

I re-read my comments form the Did you know video and I think that my comments have slightly changed from then to now. The populations differences are what really blows my mind and I think that those are obviously the main causes for all the number differences in statistics. It all still blows my mind though.

No comments:

Post a Comment