Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog Assignment #5

The Education Pod casting Network- I am so glad that I watched this and I thought it was very easy to unserstand and grasp. This was a great exampleof how to set up a podcast. Now that podcasts are becoming more popular this can be helpful to more people. This website did a great job of describing what podcasting and education mean. I think teachers can effectively use this to come up with lesson plans. I also really like how the podcasts are grouped into subjects and you can navigate through each subject to learn more about that area.

Eagles' Nest Radio Episode #3 Roamin' with the Ancient Romans- It is great that these ids got to take part in something like this. It seems like a fun way to learn about a certain subject and to learn about the technology as well. After listening to the show, I am definately educated in the Romans. The children actually sound excited about what they're talking about and really seem to know a lot of information on the subject. It's really cool to think about the fact that third graders put this together. I'm defiantely impressed. I would love to do somehting like this when I become a teacher. I think the students will find it fun while learning about certian subjects in depth.

100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better- Again, I have learned a lot of information that I didn't already know by watching this video. I had no idea there was so much that you could do with an ipod. I have an itouch and I just use it for my music and maybe some pictures. I do have a couple of games on there that I lay, but I just had no clue about all the things I could do with it. I just think it can be great to take all the information that you want and store it in a single place sucha s your ipod. I am just reminded everyday about all the things I can do with technology, especially in a classroom that is new information to me.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Meghan, I also liked the idea of making a podcast. I think that it is a great tool for students and teachers. I know my parents would of liked to be able to listen to my teachers assignments when I was younger. They also make a great point when they talk about how podcasts can be useful to children who are absent from class.

    And yeah, I had no clue so much stuff was being done with iPods. I have a few songs and things on there, but I had no idea that schools were starting to use iPods instead of books. Crazy technology.... Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan,

    Are there any podcasts that you found to be of specific interest to you as a student and as a future educator? Can you let us know which ones and why?

    ReplyDelete