Sunday, October 17, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

Directly off the bat, my favorite quote of this video is "Children will learn to do what they want to do". I believe that kids can teach themselves. Anything that kids find interesting will motivate them to learn. Not a lot of people want to learn about something they are not interested in, especially kids. This stnads for kids and adults alike. Computers and internet are the source of interest for anybody. There are all kinds of people using the internet everyday to explore their personal interests. We have explored some of the serch engines that are available in EDM310, but there are more. But we always have to remember that when using the internet we will run into problems. It is also easy to get distracted on the computer with all that is available through internet. In order to motivate someone to learn, you must learn how the person learns best which is something that teachers should be best at. As a future teacher I am definately motivated to learn so I can better teach my students. I have to be motivated to learn in order for me to expect my students to be motivated to learn. I have discovered as a student I have to teach myself in order to effectively learn, not just in the classroom but also outside of the classroom. I'm not motivated everyday even if I want to be. In order to learn new things in the future I will have to Teachers are there to help and encourage their students. Teachers are sucha big influence on their students so Ihope to be motivated in order to motivate my students. I also plan to do things that spark their interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment