Sunday, October 17, 2010

Blog Assignment #8

Smart Boards Pictures, Images and Photos
"This is How We Dream"-I, persosnally, thought this video was very confusing. I had some trouble understanding what in the world he was talking about. I think it is interesting how Miller talks about how we are at a very important time of change in human history. The change is how we communicate. Instead of the original pencil and paper we use media writing now. We depend on computers noe instead of our desks. Some really important changes are talked about in this video.
In the second video he states, "we begin to realize that ideas do not belong to us individually but as a culture". I think it is true when Miller says "educators must share ideas freely." IT was interesting to see all the different tools people use. I am not ready for this multimedia writing if it is anything like he shows us in the video, but I know I will have to learn how to do this. EDM310 has been quite helpful in this area. Also, I know that I will have to continue learning about technology once I leave EDM310 and start teaching for myself one day. Multimedia writing is something that my students will be doing and I definately need to know how to teach them.
"The Chipper Series" and "EDM310 for Dummies"
The Chipper Series was an awesome video that really caught my attention. The present and future stuff as the beginning was very confusing. This video was an encouragement to not turn in things late which I needed to watch. Edm310 has also helped me with the importance of turning things in on time. It can primarily effect your future. It is just a means of responsibility that anyone can be judged upon. EDM310 for Dummies would have been the first book bought for the semester. It pretty much states how I feel about this class. I am finally getting the hang of everything and how the class works half way through the semester although I could have used it earlier.
"Smartboards"-I think Smartboards are a great for the classroom. I am a big fan of the smartboards because my high school used them and I just thought they were great. I remember being in high school and wanting to always use the smartboard. It could do all sorts of cool things. All students can benefit from this great technological tool that provides great visual learning aids. Its possibilities seem endless.

3 comments:

  1. I think this multimedia writing is something that our students will be doing as well and just as we had to learn everything about doing this class, we are going to have to learn how to do that as well. He says that he wrote that paper he was working on in the first video never once going to the library. I know that if it wasnt for classes that require several sources to be book and only a few to be internet, then i would never leave my computer to have to find information about a paper ever again. So i think in a way we already know somewhat how to do this multimedia writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cody. I think that the change has already occurred. It's our job to help students realize that they can produce meaningful, research oriented creations with the same tools that they are already using to gossip with their friends.

    Repeatedly, you said the first video was confusing, but it was never clear to me what was so confusing. Please elaborate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classmate posted a great explanation of what she learned from Mr. Miller, you should give it a look and maybe leave her a comment.

    Click here to view Kristin's Post

    ReplyDelete