Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blog Assignment #10

education Pictures, Images and Photos
An Open Letter To Educators
I was taken back by the fact that Morgan had just finished school this last Spring. She has accomplished a lot and has a lot to be proud of already. She claims we are still using the same teaching methods as one hundred years ago. We should all stop to think about whether we want to change the system. Since everything else in the world is progressing and changing rapidly then it is only normal to expect the same with the way that teachers teach their students. I can definately relate to Morgan when she talks about how hard it is to stay awake in class. I just don't think there is anyone who finds lecture classes intriguing ALL the time. I know I'm not the only person I know who has trouble staying awake and paying attention. Another reason I loved this was because I feel as though I can relate to her because of the work we have done in EDM310 such as using a PLN.
Don't Let Them Take Pencils Home
Instead of dwelling on our problems we should spend more time finding and fixing a solution. This was a great and entertaining example. It is important to demonstrate solutions to problems as well. I also thought this was an example of how sometimes educators focus so negatively on some things instead of finding the positive. I think in order to effect students the right way we must all be positive. No one is going to be drawn to a negative person.
Two Questions That Can Change Your Life
The first question was "what is my sentence?". To me this means, what does my life mean to me. How will I be remembered? Everyone wants to be remembered for doing good things. My sentence is: "I want to be the best person and teacher that I can be. I will encourage my student to want to learn and make them excited about it everyday. My students will learn through many different techniques. Learning can be fun".
"Was I better today than I was today?" This is a great question to ask because it is an evaluation of yourself. By asking his question we can improve ourselves each and every day. It can keep us aware of not only what we are doing wrong, but what we are doing right as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Meghan,

    Now that you have seen what our education is like, how will you change it? If you have used anything from this class that you have really enjoyed, will you use that in your classroom?

    I have also had a very hard time staying awake in some of my classes. But is this because I am not motivated to stay awake or is it because the teacher is bringing the subject matter in a way that doesn't appeal to me? Hopefully the use of technology, which students are accustomed to, will bring that balance to the class that is needed.

    Good post Meghan,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meghan, I agree with you on how as teachers we need to be innovative and creative in our approach to teaching.Students can be bored easily and it is up to us to be creative and effective. I also agree that we have to be problem solvers! This is our life! Being negative and giving up is never the answer! Great job!

    ReplyDelete